Michael C. Rosenblat graduated from the University of Illinois and John Marshall Law School in Chicago, Illinois. Upon graduation from law school, Mr. Rosenblat enlisted in the US Army and, in 1993, became an Assistant Attorney General with the Illinois Attorney General's Office in Chicago.
As an Army Officer in both the Infantry and the JAGC, Mr. Rosenblat learned how to fight smart for both the United States and his clients. His confident, aggressive, yet realistic approach forms the basis of his successful representation of clients in both civil and criminal matters.
Chicago attorney Michael C. Rosenblat has experience serving as a prosecutor and a defense counsel, giving him thorough knowledge and understanding of both sides of a case and the best possible methods of preparation.Illinois Attorney
Mr. Rosenblat is an experienced former prosecutor in cases involving cases ranging from civil False Claims Act case to criminal cases including official misconduct, aggravated arson, fraud, DUI and murder cases. He has now turned that experience into representing and protecting the rights of individuals who are acting as relator or whistleblowers under the False Claims Act to defendant changed in State or Federal court or under the UCMJ.
Michael C. Rosenblat has also been sought out as a speaker and an author. He has appeared on CNN, Fox, and WGN. He has made presentations to colleagues as well as written guidebooks for others practicing in False Claims work, including:
- WLS Radio Rohm and Roeper Show to speak about the Rod Blagojevich trial, July 30, 2010
- " Heat on Government Sponsored Health Care Plans - False Claims Act Litigation," MCO Roundtable, presented by HRH (Willis), Nov 2008
- "Search & Seizure Updates," Solo and Small Firm Committee, Chicago Bar Association, 2006;
- Co-Author: "Prosecuting a Claim Under the Illinois Whistleblower Reward and Protection Act," Employment Termination, IICLE, 2002, updated 2005, updated 2018;
- "The Attorney General's Medicaid Fraud Unit, Prosecuting Health Care Fraud" the Small Hospital Compliance Seminar, 1998,
- Illinois Hospital and Health Systems Association, Health Care Compliance Plans: Spanning the Continuum, 1998;
- "Filing a False Claims Case in the Northern District of Illinois," Chicago Bar Association, Committee on Federal Civil Procedure, 2000;
- "False Claims and Class Actions," Chicago Bar Association, Committee of Class Actions, 2001.
- “Prosecuting and Defending Claims Under the False Claims Act” DuPage County Bar Association, 2017
- “Prosecuting and Defending Claims Under the False Claims Act” Chicago Bar Association, 2017
Michael's professional background includes service to the United States as well as the State of Illinois. He was on active duty with the United States Army from 1987-1993, and a member of the U.S. Army Reserves from 1993-2002. While part of the military, Mr. Rosenblat served as an Infantry Officer, from 1988-1990, and then as part of JAG, from 1990-2002.
Following his military career, Mr. Rosenblat continued his commitment to public service as an Assistant Illinois Attorney General, from 1993-2001 (including Deputy Bureau Chief, Criminal Prosecution, Deputy Bureau Chief, Special Litigation and Deputy Bureau Chief, Medicaid Fraud Unit) before continuing into private practice to represent individuals throughout the Chicago area.
For more information about his background, please follow the link below:
If you are seeking legal representation or would like more information about our services, contact Michael C. Rosenblat to set up an initial consultation. You can reach lawyer Michael C. Rosenblat at 847-480-2390 or by contacting us online.